Rocking All Over The World App
The FREE App that helps YOU write Rock History!
Based on a map of the world, Rocking All Over The World documents YOUR music experience of events, places and venues by allowing you to upload photos and stories to share with the world.
• To start it off, 1,000+ images and events are already loaded into the App by the editors of This Day In Music, with photos, stories and links to even more info.
• Help to curate the College Of Rock & Roll Knowledge by adding your own photos and experiences to the worldwide interactive map.
• Search the App content by artist, location or keyword.
• Have a classic in-concert shot from the front row? Post it on the App!
From historic music locations of stars' birthplaces, to historic music venues, album cover sites, festivals, recording studios and musicians' final resting places, the whole world will be covered in Rocking All Over The World.
Photos can be loaded from FaceBook, while most of the events already added have links to a related iTunes page or the appropriate website.
Some things to look for now:
• Where was Gram Parsons' purloined body cremated by his loyal road manager?
• Where was the cover shot photo taken for The Ramones' 1977 album Rocket to Russia?
• Where did Nirvana play live for the first time?
• Where exactly is Strawberry Field, as immortalised in song?
And much more...
Contributing content is easy. Simply open the map, move it to the proposed event's exact position and press the 'pin' icon to drop a pin to mark the location. (The pin can be moved for fine tuning).
Add any information about the event as well as a photo, (or perhaps an old concert ticket or poster) and submit to the App's editors. If approved, these will then be added to the App in the following update, which would credit the contributor. (NB: Contributors do have to own the copyright on material submitted). The only rule is that the event should be of interest to music fans and about well-known artists.
So anyone who wants to help build the largest ever database of musical landmarks from around the world should download the App from the iTunes Store (compatible with iPhone 5, iPad 2 onwards and iPod Touch) and get rocking.
1,000+ events already loaded
Interactive - fans can easily upload classic moments or events
Links to related websites and iTunes pages
Available as an App for iPhone 5, iPad (Version 2 onwards) and iPod Touch
This Day In Music Apps
88-90 Baker Street
Tel: +44 (0) 7768 652899
For a detailed description of all the Applications available from 'This Day In Music Apps', please DOWNLOAD our PRESS PACKS>
This Day Music